Sunday, June 12, 2011

Master's In Marketing

When I started of my search for masters in marketing it was with the view of pursuing my Phd. I had no doubts that the study of marketing has anything to do with practice of marketing, there has been a great gap between practice and theory.

Essentially speaking to quote Dr. Lenney during my MSc Advanced Marketing Management at Lancaster University 'Teaching Marketing is like teaching swimming in a damp room'. I could not agree more.

I already have done an MBA, and this was my second masters. The experience of interacting with people from different nationalities was tremendous, academically speaking I do not think I made much progress except for the fact that I came to be comfortable with engaging with the literature.

There were a diverse range of experience I went through, each of them memorable in their own manner. I want to reflect each and every one these experiences some are painful with hard lessons, some are the most funniest moments in life, some romantic moments and some were just homesick moments.

During my Masters I realized that I had a great skill for writing, I could write very quickly and if I knew what I was about to write I could accomplish my essays very quickly as well.

I am writing this blog in order to be able to over my experiences from the search for an appropriate masters in marketing program to visa application, travelling to the UK and settling down in a totally different environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment